1. Participation in each tournament is open to all CBL anglers in good standing. A new “CBL Team Application” form must be filled out prior to competing in CBL tournaments. A team application must be submitted each season.
2. At least one team member must be 18 years or older. A team consists of no more than two anglers.
3. It is the sole responsibility of the boat owner to carry and have proof of $100,000 in liability insurance covering them and passengers. Contestants are required to have in their possession and be able to provide proof of insurance at the request of the Tournament Director. All contestants are required to sign a “CBL Team Application” form holding the CBL, its director and/or his designee and volunteers harmless from all rights, claims, demands, and damages of any kind, known or unknown, existing or arising in the future resulting from or related to participation in the CBL.
4. There is no annual membership fee to fish in the CBL team tournaments.
5. The entry fee for each tournament is $100 per boat with $10 going towards big fish. There is no big fish “option”. Everyone is included. 100% payback on big fish. A big fish tie splits the prize money. Entry fees are paid the morning of the tournament and must be paid in cash.
6. Payouts are based on the number of boats. CBL pays out to 20% of the field. Example: 20-24 boats pays out to 4th place. 25-29 boats pays out to 5th place. No tournament trophies will be awarded. Cash prizes only. A $30 cash prize is also awarded for the smallest 5-fish limit. All 5 fish must be alive, and you must be present at the weigh-in to win the prize.
7. Angler-of-the-Year (AOY) will be determined by the point standings at the end of the season. A team's best 5 of 7 tournaments will be used to determine the AOY. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in AOY points. Trophies will be awarded to the AOY championship team. AOY points tie is broken by big fish for the season.